Thursday, April 2, 2020

URGENT - please call

your parents, grandparents, the elderly in your neighborhood that isn't coming outside. I've tried giving away the extra food I have in my immediate neighborhood with no takers, I have money I can buy something for those older people who may not be able, but the one thing I fear these people need desperately right this very minute is contact.

The elderly are the last to ask for help and the ones who suffer most from being alone and worrying about everyone but themselves. Go check on your neighbors, get their phone numbers and make sure they have yours. They may not accept the help you offer but make the effort for these precious older people and just talking to them for a few minutes might make their entire week.

If just one of you checks on one older person whether you know them or not, then this won't have been a waste of time.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

so there's that. 2024

 I wanted to use this forum to remind myself of the important things that happened in 2024. I decided to break ties with American Airlines b...