Wednesday, April 29, 2020

maybe you need this

this was a day to be reflective. I wasn't ready or felt a need to be, this is just what happened and I thought there might be others out there who could use this. It's a YouTube channel called Goalcast. <<< link

I started subscribing to a lot of different types of YouTube channels when my tolerance for broadcast television started running low. There just isn't enough TVLand shows from the 60s and I need distractions now and then these days. But just like I did with social media I began realizing that I was wasting too much time there, the time I don't feel I have any more of to waste. I went through my FaceBook list of "friends," and didn't look at the names I just began to cut the number down to a more real-life number then I ended up just removing them all except the few that have passed away. With YouTube I had stopped the new video alerts I would get on my browser so not to be bothered with so many then I changed my settings back to getting alerts and instead just un-subed from dozens of old interests I no longer have, except for ones like Goalcast. <<< link

Today I got an alert from there and I hadn't been on that page in a long time. I watched one video and it hit me that in this very uncertain time that I am in right now there actually is some very encouraging and validating content that was right at my fingertips this entire time and I was missing out.

I thought perhaps like me, someone out there might need this too. If that is you, I recommend it and I encourage you to consume more of this kind of content than all the other garbage readily available that you may be filling your head with like I was.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

so there's that. 2024

 I wanted to use this forum to remind myself of the important things that happened in 2024. I decided to break ties with American Airlines b...