Sunday, January 5, 2020

seven turns

No matter how you align yourself to think, your life's history will teach you that forever is just a word that describes a feeling you may develop in your head. Human beings have this insatiable need to trick themselves into believing that forever actually exists when we learn almost daily throughout our lives that it clearly does not.

Forever is simply a word we use to describe a segment of time whose ins and outs and conditions have yet to be developed. As I got on with life I began to learn often painfully, that while forever is only a parcel of time, time itself is clearly not forever.

We know that "until death do us part," is a reference to "forever," but in reality is only a segment of time that more often than not runs out long before death comes. When I was a young kid my mom bought us an entire set of encyclopedias that came with a big heavy dictionary. She would often tell me when I wanted to know what something meant, go look it up in the dictionary and I'd go over and rifle through it learning how to spell in the process and eventually figuring it out. Now we Google things and end up with a litany of confusing results when trying to communicate in today's society that has decided that dismantling what we actually know, into a political soup of what some want us to think, is a good idea.

Some of my bad habits in the early parts of my life I thought I'd participate in forever. Thankfully that was just a segment of time that ran out. When I got married I had in my mind and our vows said so, that it was forever through good times and strife and that too ended up just being a set amount of time that eventually ran out. I have to believe that this time of loss for me that manifests itself into sadness and lack of direction will not go on "forever," because forever doesn't actually exist it's just a segment of time that I have to go through to get to the other side.

Jobs, passions, loves, even family, friendships, lifestyles, and so many other things we often think of as our own personal forevers, are simply a set amount of time until something changes and we learn once again that forever is only a concept that is born and dies in our minds often painfully.

Seven Turns VIDEO


No comments:

Post a Comment

so there's that. 2024

 I wanted to use this forum to remind myself of the important things that happened in 2024. I decided to break ties with American Airlines b...