Friday, January 10, 2020

keep the change

The thing that irks me about change is that no matter how much I detest it I can't escape it. Change to me is like a living breathing thing that sneaks up and takes a chunk out of me like a snake. I used to have these kinds of conversations with my mom where I would go on about all sorts of things like this that get under my skin and I'm not sure why I did that because my mom was far smarter than I could ever hope to be and these kinds of subjects have no answer to them other than deal with it.

Some changes I find good for me while others are like a chronic disease. For a long time, I used to be pretty active on social media platforms commenting and posting and getting into verbal tussles with people related to politics or finances and just life in general. It got to be exhausting realizing just how many people I actually know (and a lot I didn't and never will) that to be completely honest, are batsh*t crazy when it comes to basic, simple, common sense. This was hard for me to digest and I had to stop. That's a good change although I still read some of the lunacy, I stay out of it because I believe everyone has a God-given right to be stupid.

Then there are the important changes that happen if God gives you the time to be here for any length of time. For me right now most of those changes are difficult to deal with to say the least. Loss of a loved one will do that. Changes in health, and just deciding what to do on any given day anymore when you alone have to find a way to move your mind to a place you weren't prepared to be yet. Change is hard and it's here and it isn't going away just because I'm unfamiliar with how to do this by myself. Right now everything looks and feels different and not much of my memories about my old way of life are even recognizable anymore.

Thoughts about almost everything whether its work or what a future might look like, whether to sell a house or live in two, buy a new car even though I don't need one, so much of the time I just feel like I need to do something, anything, just something. I need pie.

"Time Takes it all away whether you want it to or not."
-Stephen King, The Green Mile

No comments:

Post a Comment

so there's that. 2024

 I wanted to use this forum to remind myself of the important things that happened in 2024. I decided to break ties with American Airlines b...