Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Even if the king has your back, in the end, you are on your own.

It's never been easy for me walking through a grocery store late at night buying for one. I doubt seriously anyone notices but I walk around thinking about how pathetically old and alone I must look! Wouldn't be near so bad if it wasn't true but at least I still have my 70's hair (some of it).  I'm glad eggs come in a half dozen carton but if that doesn't say, alone nothing does.

Swept the patio and ran mom's car for a while Sunday. It started right up. A 20-year-old Toyota with just 36 thousand miles it's practically still a new car and it was my mom's pride and joy. She loved that car. My sister in Tulsa needs a decent car and mom told me she wanted her to have it so I'm working on the overly complicated two-state / estate transfer / and then it will be hers.

I couldn't find much I felt like doing this weekend much like it wasn't a weekend at all just another couple days, but today after I looked for an email address for someone I began looking around at just how many hundreds of email addresses I have for people I haven't seen or heard from in years. A lot were work-related network producers, reporters, and surprisingly a lot of well-known people I had forgotten I had personal contact info for. So I started deleting a bunch of these addresses and the weirdest thing, I was really starting to enjoy it! Some of them, in particular, I REALLY enjoyed deleting and I started thinking, why hadn't I gotten rid of them a very long time ago? Dozens and dozens and the more I deleted the more fun it was..

 OK, so then I thought I'd take a look at my old iPhone 6's contact list and oh man did I find a ton of people there I wanted to get rid of too! I had cell phone numbers for some Maverick's players, Cowboys now retired, Rangers who no longer play for them anymore, music stars, tv stars, and many people some of which aren't even around anymore and away I went deleting like it was an addiction. Some of them got an extra heavy push from my finger SMASHING the delete button. No names but I think a lot of them would completely understand me pushing their memory from my mind and now my phone. I didn't even get close to finishing so I'll do more when I feel like I need a little purge uplift. If you need a little pick-me-up in your life that's easy and fun to do I highly recommend going through and deleting the crap out of names and numbers of the people who once took up space in your life that never should have in the first place. It's cathartic in a sadistic, legal kind of way..

"Even if the king has your back, in the end, you are on your own." -mwz (from firsthand life experience)

No comments:

Post a Comment

so there's that. 2024

 I wanted to use this forum to remind myself of the important things that happened in 2024. I decided to break ties with American Airlines b...