Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Sombody's callin' your name..

When I’m gone I want just one someone and it doesn’t matter who, please stop for 4 minutes and 11 seconds to play this song “Seven Turns,” by the Allman Brothers Band just for me that I related so much to in my long and very un-relatable life. Dickey Betts singing these lyrics that turned my emotions loose to feel what nothing else could. When Gregg joins in at 2:47 with his unmistakable southern voice “somebody’s calling your name,” it was as if he was speaking just to me.

Some tough health news for me this week has had me listening to my favorite music while knowing this life that is in God’s hands has been all over the map with the best and the worst often happening at the same time. No longer confused and without any questions or complaints, God has been very good to me even during times I felt I didn’t deserve it. He thought I deserved it and I’m grateful and often sad that there is no one to share with anymore. I always just wanted to be left to be who I was and not be ostracized or isolated by people around me. That wasn’t how it was to be and God knew that I would struggle and oh how I did. No more questions from me about why this or how that in this life for me, it was always in his plan. 


In my teenage years music was often my only companion and the lyrics to the songs of my life were most often expressed by The Allman Brothers Band and Gregg himself as he sang about his own life of being on the run and bump and go loves that never seemed to go anywhere until the very end of his life. The eagles Desperado is another one of my favorites seemingly written in words that described my own experiences that I would like to listen to when my time is near. 


Since I was a little kid I couldn’t relate much to other people be they family or neighbors or school mates and I’ve never even to this day understood why. But what I do understand is what took me through those times back so long ago still get me through my days as an old man and I am eternally grateful God gave that music to the world but specifically to me. The one’s who comforted me when nothing else would and those who sang the turbulence of my life then and now are mostly all gone now but their music remains where I can reach it when I need it. 


When God decides my time is up here and there’s just one more turn on the highway for me to take, I’m as ready as I can be. I’ll be seeing my family members who were the staples of my time even though at the time I often didn’t quite know how meaningful they would be, I cannot wait to see them again. Knowing I will be seeing my mom again comforts me now like a hug I can no longer get and a voice I ache to hear.   


I highly recommend everyone who runs across this that you live as much life every day as you can because one day you may find the sounds of your clock ticking away and your plans whatever they may have been be cut short. Don’t waste one of your Seven Turns, there may not be another one.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqxywPYRCbI


Seven turns on the highway,

Seven rivers to cross.

Sometimes, you feel like you could fly away,

Sometimes, you get lost.

And sometimes, in the darkened night,

You see the crossroad sign.

One way is the mornin' light,

You got to make up your mind.

Somebody's callin' your name.

Somebody's waiting for you.

Love is all that remains the same,

That's what it's all comin' to.

Hey, yeah.

Runnin' wild out on the road,

Just like a leaf on the wind.

How in the world could you ever know,

We'd ever meet again?

Seven turns on the highway,

Seven rivers to cross.

Sometimes, you feel like you could fly away,

Sometimes, you get lost.

Somebody's callin' your name.

Somebody's waitin' for you.

Love is all that remains the same,

That's what it's all comin' to.

Somebody's callin' your name.

Somebody's waitin' for you.

Love is all that remains the same,

That's what it's all comin to.

Somebody's callin' your name.

Somebody's waitin' for you.

Somebody's callin' your name.

That's what it's all coming to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

so there's that. 2024

 I wanted to use this forum to remind myself of the important things that happened in 2024. I decided to break ties with American Airlines b...